Changes that may affect your Council Tax band
Your property may be revalued and put in a different band in some circumstances, eg if:
- you demolish part of your property and don’t rebuild it
- you alter your property to create 2 or more self-contained units, eg an annexe - each unit will have its own band
- you split a single property into self-contained flats
- you convert flats into a single property
- you start or stop working from home
- there are significant changes to your local area, like a new road being built
Ask your local council if you want to know if changes to your property will affect your Council Tax band.
Working out your Council Tax
Apply to your local council for Council Tax Reduction (sometimes called Council Tax Support).
You’ll get a discount on your bill if you’re eligible.